“The Future of Europe at Stake:
European Elections Ahead – What is Next for the Union?”
Started in 2008, the Free Market Road Show® brings together renowned economists, leading politicians and prominent business leaders every year to discuss current economic problems and possible solutions at a variety of venues across Europe and the Caucuses. It also provides unparalleled networking opportunities for participants and those within the European free market movement, with exclusive events such as cocktail receptions and dinners with top opinion leaders and decision makers.
Since initiation of the Free Market Road Show® hundreds of speakers from around the world have been involved, who reached thousands of participants. In 2012, the Free Market Road Show® exceeded all previous attendance records. This year, it promises to be even bigger and better — with many new cities, more speakers and a growing list of participants.
PROGRAM - Sofia
May 9, 2014 (Friday)
1 Gurko Str.
09.00 – 09.05
Welcome and introduction by Desislava Nikolova, Acting Executive Director, IME
09.05 – 10.30
Chair: Desislava Nikolova (Acting Executive Director, IME)
Panel 1: Centralization vs. Deregulation: Is more Brussels the key to prosperity or does subsidiarity provide the better path?
- Krassen Stanchev (Board Chairman, Founder and former Executive Director of IME)
- Prince Michael of Liechtenstein (Geopolitical Information Service)
- Pieter Cleppe (Director, Open Europe, Brussels)
10.30 – 11.00
11.00 – 12.30
Panel 2: Brain Drain vs. Incentives: Can enhanced competitiveness stop Europe’s loss of many of the most talented and enterprising?
Chair: Petar Ganev (Senior Economist, IME)
- Barbara Kolm (President, Hayek Institute, Vienna & Director, Austrian Economics Center)
- John Chisholm (CEO, John Chisholm Ventures)
- Chris Butler (Americans for Tax Reform)
12.30 – 13.30
13.30 – 15.00
Panel 3: Progress vs. Stagnation: What direction will the sovereign states of Europe take subsequent to the coming elections, especially as it regards immigration and single market issues?
Chair: Krassen Stanchev (Board Chairman, Founder and former Executive Director of IME)
- Christian Helmenstein (Economica)
- Daniel Kaddik (Friedrich Naumann Foundation)
- John Fund (Columnist, Wall Street Journal)
- Petar Ganev (Senior Economist, IME)
The event will be held in English.
Register for FMRS Sofia here: http://freemarket-rs.com/registration/
For more information:
Institute for Market Economics (IME)
Ms. Vessela Dobrinova
02/952 62 66, 952 35 03